Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nevada, the Silver State! 1684 km and counting!

Well, we have finally arrived in Reno, Nevada. We've been on the road for 5 days now, and we've been driving, driving, driving! Learning lots.... like, 1 ply toilet paper lasts a lot longer than 3 ply! Who knew!? One pair of jeans can been worn for 5 days straight without washing! Mango loves Doritos! Never open a cupboard door after driving a long distance... disaster!

For your enjoyment, here is a list of mishaps so far! #1 Burned tire off of Graham's bike... that exhaust pipe gets pretty hot! #2 Don't try and lock up your bike with the gas key for the motor home..... it just might break off! $7.00 later at "Carol's Lock and key"... middle of no where! Who is Carol you might ask.... no one knows! #3 When Jen buys a new bike... make sure it is bungeed safely to the back of the RV, so it doesn't drag down the road. #4 Still don't know how to use the TV. #5 Just learned how to turn on the kitchen sink! Been washing dishes in the bathroom sink! Fun! So this is only day 5!! What will be next!! Tune in soon to find out!!

Camped 1 night, just outside of Redding CA. Thanks for telling us about this hidden gem Dave!

Lassen Volcanic National Park, CA. Nice tongue Mango!

Only a few scratches to Ole' Blue, she rides inside the RV now! Do I look happy? Really I'm fine.....

Old Shasta City, and old gold mining town

I don't know what mom & dad are complaining about! I'm having the time of my life! Weeeeeeee!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, Graham and Mango,

    Awesome pictures - especially Mango in full on "I am the happiest, luckiest dog in the world" run. That hot looking dude standing beside the bike aint too shabby either!

    Sounds like you should have left your bikes at home! Have you managed to ride them yet?!

    Who needs TV when your on your own Reality TV show! Break out the Scrabble game instead.

    We wish we were there! Keep up the good work, Love Tammy, Ken and Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Tam! I've been whipping Graham's butt in Gin Rummy plenty!

    ReplyDelete